Non-immigrants, unlike immigrants, enter the United States temporarily and are restricted to the activities consistent with their visas.

B-1 Visa

The B-1 allows individuals to temporarily visit the U.S. for business purposes, generally including meetings, conferences or conventions. For more information, go to:,,,

B-2 Visa

The B-2 (Tourist Visa) allows foreigners to visit the U.S. for a limited period of time for non-business activities.

F-1 Visa

The F-1 is a full-time student visa granted through academic institutions, which allows foreigners to pursue an education in the U.S. The student must pursue a full course of study and possess the financial means to study without the need to work. However, there are limited circumstances which do allow the student to gain employment if necessary. For more information, go to:

H-1B Visa

The H1B (Professional in a Specialty Occupation) allows U.S. employers to hire foreign workers. The worker must possess a U. S. degree, acceptable foreign equivalent or its equivalent in training and experience. H-1B work-authorization is strictly limited to employment by the sponsoring employer. For more information, go to:

H-2A Visa

The H-2A allows foreigners to work in the U.S. on a temporary or seasonal basis, for agricultural jobs.

H-2B Visa

The H-2B allows foreigners to work in the U.S. on a temporary or seasonal basis, mainly for non-agricultural jobs.

L-1 Visa

The L-1 (Intra-company Transferee) allows overseas businesses with offices in the U.S. to relocate managerial and executive employees, as well as employees with “specialized knowledge” of the company's procedures. The foreign professional must have worked for the foreign company for at least one year within the last three years to qualify. For more information, go to:

O-1 Visa

The O-1 is an employment-based visa available to individuals possessing “extraordinary ability” in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics, which has been demonstrated through national or international acclaim. It is also available to those in motion pictures and television. For more information, go to:

P Visa

The P visa allows foreign-based athletes or members of entertainment groups to temporarily work in the U.S. Athletes and entertainers must be “internationally recognized”, which means that they possess a high level of achievement in their specific field. A limited number of these visas are awarded annually.

Q-1 Visa

The Q-1 visa is issued for international cultural exchange visitors to enter the U.S. for the purpose of providing practical training or employment or sharing the history, culture and traditions of the alien's home country. For more information, go to:

R-1 Visa

The R-1 (Religious Worker) allows members of the clergy, as well as key employees of religious organizations, to work in a religious capacity in the U.S. for a specific period of time. For more information, go to:

TN Status

TN classification (Trade NAFTA) is only available to citizens of Canada and Mexico who wish to work in the U.S. It is granted in three year increments. For more information, go to:

U Visa

The U visa allows victims of certain crimes to receive temporary legal status and work eligibility in the U.S. They must cooperate with local law enforcement authorities to investigate or prosecute those responsible for committing the crime. A limited number of these visas are given out annually. For more information, go to:


To schedule a consultation please call (520) 797-9229 or (602) 682-5881.

What We Do

Based in Tucson and Phoenix, Arizona, our firm has received numerous accolades for our service to the immigrant community. To schedule a consult please call (520) 797-9229 or complete our online intake form.